1. Ensuring consular relations of Turkmenistan with foreign countries, protecting the rights and legitimate interests of Turkmenistan, its citizens and legal entities abroad is coordinated by the Consular Service Department - a structural subdivision of the central office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan.
2. In accordance with the law of Turkmenistan "On the consular service", the following are currently open and functioning:
1) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Herat;
2) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the city of Mazari -Sharif;
3) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the Islamic Republic of Iran in Mashhad;
4) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the Republic of Turkey in Istanbul;
5) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the Russian Federation in Kazan;
6) Consulate General of Turkmenistan in the United Arab Emirates in Dubai;
7) Consulate of Turkmenistan in the Russian Federation in Astrakhan;
8) Consulate of Turkmenistan in the Federal Republic of Germany in Frankfurt am Main;
9) Consulate of Turkmenistan in the Republic of Kazakhstan in Aktau, as well as the consular office of the Embassy of Turkmenistan in the Republic of Kazakhstan in Almaty.
The consular offices also include the consular departments of the diplomatic missions of Turkmenistan abroad. They are designed to protect the rights and interests of Turkmenistan, legal entities and citizens of Turkmenistan.
3. Within their competence, consular officials carry out notarial acts, registration of acts of civil status, legalize documents and various acts drawn up by the authorities of the consular district or issued by these authorities. Along with protecting the rights and representing the legitimate interests of citizens of Turkmenistan who are abroad, they inform them about the laws and rules of stay in force in a foreign state, give them the necessary recommendations, and respond appropriately to ensure security in case of emergencies.
4. The legal status of citizens of Turkmenistan abroad is determined primarily by the legislation of the state of their residence. The provisions of consular conventions and treaties on legal assistance in civil, family and criminal matters are of great importance.
5. Consular services are also provided in the representative offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in the regions of country:
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in Akhal region: Building No.15, Akhal street of Anev city, Akhal region;
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in Balkan region: Cultural-sport complex of TOPC of Turkmenbashi city, Balkan region, Index:745 000, Tel: 6-05-70, 6-05-71, 6-05-72;
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in Dashoguz region: Turkmenbashi Avenue of Dashoguz city, Dashoguz region, Building No. 10/1; Telephones: 9-10-13, 53-79-65;
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in Lebap region: Gyorogly beg Turkmen street of Turkmenabat city, Lebap region, Building No.1;
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan in Mary region: Watan street of Mary city, Mary region, No. 31 (Office building of the Municipality of Mary city), Postcode: 745 400.
09 December 2023
International scientific conference on the study of Magtymguly's poetry by European scientists held in Berlin
07 December 2023
A scientific and cultural conference dedicated to Magtymguly Fragi was held in India
07 December 2023
A sporting event was held in Ankara in honor of the International Day of Neutrality
04 December 2023
An international scientific conference dedicated to the 300th anniversary of the birth of Magtymguly Fragi was held in Bishkek